- Rare combination of design background spanning consumer research, industrial design and mechanical engineering.
- Excellent at managing product development teams to maximize creativity whilst ensuring deliverables are met.
- Particularly strong in project scoping, market analysis, user profiling and determining requirements.
- User-centered design process; experience in accessible medical devices, public kiosks, and humanitarian design.
- Experience with smart devices and embedded electronics to storyboard and develop seamless interactions in our daily lives.
Product Manager, formlabs
08/06/2012 — present Cambridge, MA
Working to successfully launch a brand new, game changing, low cost stereolithography 3D printer. More info at www.formlabs.com.
Teaching Assistant, MIT Sloan School of Management
1/16/2012 — 5/31/2012 Cambridge, MA
Graduate cross-disciplinary design class for engineers, business students, and RISD industrial designers developing products from opportunity identification through to working prototypes.
Engineering Intern, IDEO
1/9/2012 — 2/3/2012 Chicago, IL
Executed a full scale build out transforming a bare room into a new retail environment for user testing.
Teaching Assistant, MIT Mobile Experience Lab
9/13/2011 — 12/16/2011 Cambridge, MA
Graduate cross-disciplinary design class in the media lab, creating a vision for the future of the workplace in collaboration with the VEnice GAteway for Science and Technology.
Strategy Intern, Continuum
5/16/2009 — 8/12/2011 West Newton, MA
Conducted in-depth user research and analysis through interviews and observation in the field.
Market Research, Glasgow Wood Recycling
6/1/2009 — 8/1/2009 Glasgow, UK
Performed valuable marketing activities for this social enterprise on a shoestring budget.
Policy Writer, Shelter Centre
6/1/2008 — 9/1/2008 Geneva, Switzerland
Launched and managed the new “Transitional Shelter” design and implementation guidelines project.Transitional Shelter Guidelines used extensively in Haiti and endorsed by the official Shelter Cluster.
Internet Researcher, AQA (63336) Any Question Answered
9/1/2007 — 8/1/2008 remote, UK
Answered any question asked by any customer for one of the first text message based services in the UK.
Drafting Technician, R.B Ross Steel Fabricators, Ltd.
7/1/2004 — 9/1/2004 Aberdeen, UK
Redesigned a fire hydrant trolley for offshore helipads reducing weight and increasing maneuverability.Worked on a cable spooler project from initial design to shipment of 12 to Nigeria.
Graduate MS candidate, Mechanical Engineering (GPA 5.0)
9/1/2010 — 6/1/2012 MIT, USA
First year fully funded by Kennedy Scholarship from the UK Kennedy Memorial Trust.
MEng Product Design Engineering (First Class)
9/1/2005 — 6/1/2010 Glasgow School of Art / University of Glasgow, UK
Awards include most distinguished engineering graduate and best design graduate in class of 2010.
- Engineering Leadership Award Scheme, Royal Academy of Engineering, London
- Glasgow University branch president, Engineers Without Borders UK, Glasgow
- Graphic Design Workshop Competition Winner, D&AD, London
Advertising Chair, Graduate Women at MIT
MIT Science Policy Initiative, Congressional Visit’s Day 2011
product design engineering, development and management; human factors, graphic design, marketing, video production
Arduino, Sketching, Video Prototypes, Sketch Models, Presentations, User Profiles, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, SolidWorks, AutoCAD 2000, Microsoft Office